Sunday, November 30, 2008

wine progress (construction)

For this first box, I covered a cardboard cylinder container with decorative paper. I used PVA to adhere the paper to the container, and then covered everything with methyl cellulose.




For the second container, I bought a cylinder box from the container store made with birch veneer wrapped around and glued to the sides of wooden circles. I replaced the leather cord closure with black twine, placed transfers on either end of the cylinder, inside the flap, and on the outside. I'm lining parts of the container (inside) with black suede. I'm also making a 3-4 inch wide paper slip to go over the cylinder with black textured paper, and a cover for the button.

My experience with placing transfers on the bottle was actually pretty good. I taped the transfers in place and used a spoon to rub them down. I only had to redo one piece.

I'm also working on a wine bag made with plum colored paper (similar to the color of the shrink wrap top on the wine).

No comments: